At Rozzie Bound, we believe in community. We have developed robust partnerships with local non-profit organizations, schools, and other community-minded small businesses. Many of our partners have worked with us to create virtual bookshelves related to the topics they are passionate about and issues they are working on.
Boston STEM Lab
- Website: https://www.bostonstemlab.com/
- About: Boston STEM Lab is a hands-on program for children ages 3 – 9 and their caregivers. By playing, experimenting and making models students learn about science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) in a fun and intuitive way. In this program students experience collaborative work, project development and experimentation through engaging practical exercises.
- Bookshelf: Science Books for Kids
- Website: https://equityintersection.org/
- About: Equity Intersection is an equity and justice education non-profit. We offer adult education courses on all elements of equity, including disability. We believe education is action. Our courses address race, gender and LGBTQ+ status. A unique feature of Equity Intersection is our focus on ableism and disability justice. We believe that a focus on disability strengthens our understanding of all forms of inequity, and so builds empathy, agency and community.
- Bookshelf: Books on Equity and Inclusion
Friends of the Roslindale Branch Library
- Website: https://friendsofroslindalelibrary.org/
- About: The Friends of the Roslindale Branch Library group supports, promotes and enriches the services and programs the library offers to the public. They run book sales throughout the year to support our group and operate a book sale booth at the Farmer’s Market at Adams Park during the season.
- BIPOC Author Pre-Orders – July 2021
- PRIDE 2021 – June 2021
- Summer Reads – June 2021
- Asian-American Pacific Islander Heritage Month – May 2021
- Women’s History for Adult Readers – March 2021
- Women’s History for Young Readers – March 2021
- Black Histories and Futures – Children’s Books – February 2021
- Black Histories and Futures – Books for Tweens & Teens – February 2021
- Black Histories and Futures – Books for Adults – February 2021
- Hispanic Heritage Month – September/October 2020
- Partnership Highlights: Rozzie Bound has committed to donating half of all proceeds from these virtual shelves to the Friends. We have so far raised
Friends of the Haley Pilot School
- Website: http://www.haleypilotschool.org/, http://friendsofhaley.org/
- About: Friends of the Haley Pilot School raises funds for school trips and project based learning at the Dennis C. Haley Pilot School. In January 2021, we hosted a virtual book fair with the Friends that raised $300, which went toward helping families in need during the Covid pandemic.
- Bookshelf: Haley Pilot School Virtual Book Fair‘
- Website: http://www.greeningrozzie.org/
- About: GreeningRozzie is a volunteer, nonprofit community organization in Roslindale, Massachusetts. Its mission is to make Roslindale a greener, more sustainable, and more cohesive community by working together to promote and implement grassroots projects and activities.
Louis D. Brown Peace Institute
- Website: https://www.ldbpeaceinstitute.org/
- About: The Louis D. Brown Peace Institute is a Dorchester-based non-profit organization that serves as a center of healing, teaching, and learning for families and communities impacted by murder, trauma, grief, and loss.
- Bookshelf: Racial Justice
- Website: https://walkuproslindale.org/
- About: WalkUP Roslindale seeks to make Roslindale the most pedestrian- and wheelchair-friendly neighborhood in the city of Boston. These residents “envision Roslindale as a safe, pleasant, and beautiful place to walk, gather, and interact, for the young, old, and everyone in between.”
- Bookshelf: Urban Issues
West Roxbury Diversity & Anti-Racist Little Libraries
- Instagram: @wrdiverselibraries.
- About: West Roxbury Diversity & Anti-Racist Little Libraries is dedicated specifically to inclusion and anti-racism education. They stock Little Free Libraries in the neighborhood with books about LGBTQ+ persons, where people with disabilities, mental illness and learning difficulties are represented, that discuss and highlight different religions/beliefs; featuring people from different countries, featuring People of Color and Indigenous POC, about strong and influential women, or that promote body positivity.
- Bookshelf: West Roxbury Diverse Libraries Wish List
Roslindale IS for Everyone (RISE)
- Website: https://roslindalerise.org/
- About: RISE is a growing network of neighbors working to ensure that Roslindale is a safe and welcoming home for all of us. RISE is building community networks to resist the oppressive, anti-democratic agenda of the current federal government and support a multi-racial, multi-cultural democracy for all.
- Bookshelf: Restorative & Transformative Justice – Coming Soon!