Rozzie Bound is Roslindale’s neighborhood bookstore. Though we are still looking for a permanent bricks and mortar home, we still want to serve as a resource for Rozzidents. Here are some great local organizations that are working hard to strengthen and improve our community:
Friends of the Roslindale Branch Library
- Website: https://friendsofroslindalelibrary.org/
- About: “Supports, promotes and enriches the services and programs the library offers to the public. We run book sales throughout the year to support our group. We operate a book sale booth at the Farmer’s Market at Adams Park during the season.”
- Website: http://www.greeningrozzie.org/
- About: “Our mission is to make Roslindale a greener, more sustainable, and more cohesive community.”
Immigrant Family Services Institute
- Website: https://www.ifsi-usa.org/
- About: Immigrant Family Services Institute aims to be a leading institute of leadership thought and action, providing an excellent framework from a futuristic and global perspective to equip providers and stakeholders to meet the emerging needs of immigrants in the United States and throughout the world.
Music in the Substation
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/musicatthesubstation/
- About: Hosts classical music concerts at the substation, current home of Turtle Swamp Brewing.
Progressive West Roxbury/Roslindale
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/ProgressiveWRoxRoz/
- About: Local progressive political organization.
Roslindale Business Group
- Website: http://roslindalebusinessgroup.org/
- About: Local group “serving the business and consumer community of Roslindale.”
Roslindale Community Fridge
- Website: https://www.instagram.com/roslindalecommunityfridge/
- About: Community-run fridge + mutual aid effort located in the parking lot of The Roslindale Market at 1 Firth Rd.
- Get Involved: To volunteer below, visit linktr.ee/roslindalecommunityfridge
Roslindale Community School Council, Inc.
- Website: http://www.roslindalecc.org
- About: 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that operates a preschool and after school childcare in residence at the Roslindale Community Center; also serves as fiscal agent for the Flaherty Dolphins Youth Swim Team at the Flaherty Pool. (The community center building is currently closed for repairs until early 2022, but the pool is open.)
Roslindale Food Pantry
- Website: https://www.roslindalefoodpantry.org/
- About: Food pantry located in Roslindale Congregational Church at 25 Cummins Hwy.
Roslindale Green and Clean
- Website: http://www.roslindalegreenandclean.org/
- About: 501(c )(3) all-volunteer organization dedicated to creating and maintaining a clean and healthy Roslindale, through public green space improvements and advocacy.
RISE (Roslindale IS for Everyone)
- Website: https://roslindalerise.org/
- About: “A growing network of neighbors working to ensure that Roslindale is a safe and welcoming home for all of us. RISE is building community networks to resist the oppressive, anti-democratic agenda of the current federal government and support a multi-racial, multi-cultural democracy for all.”
Roslindale Open Studios
- Website: https://roslindaleopenstudios.org/
- About: Hosts open studios to highlight the work of local artists every October.
Roslindale Village Main Streets
- Website: https://roslindale.net/
- About: Mission is to “promote Roslindale Village as an appealing destination and the dynamic center of our community. As an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, we bring together local volunteers, businesses and public agencies to strengthen the Village’s economic vitality, physical appearance and unique local character.”
- Website: http://www.rozziebikes.org/
- “A neighborhood organization devoted to making the Roslindale neighborhood of Boston a better place to bike. We’re interested in street improvements, bike parking, bike routes, bike lanes, and mixed-use paths.”
Southwest Boston CDC
- Website: http://www.swbcdc.org/
- About: Community Development Corporation focused on building affordable housing in Southwest Boston.
Walk Up Roslindale
- Website: http://www.walkuproslindale.org/
- About: “Residents who live, work, or simply care about Roslindale and intend to make it the most pedestrian-friendly neighborhood in the city of Boston.”
Ward 18 Democratic Party Ward Committee
- Website: https://bostonward18dems.org/
- About: The current Ward Committee ran in 2019 as a “Fresh Slate” with a goal of making the Ward Committee more diverse and transparent and increasing civic engagement.